My hearts in Budapest

To see in 2020 me and Linds flew to Budapest, a trip to remember. We had a morning flight from Standsted and arrived in Budapest at lunchtime. We couldn't check in to our air bnb until later that afternoon so naturally the only thing to do was find a bar and have a beer..or two! We quickly realised how cheap Buda is, £1.50 for a pint? We were soo happy with our air bnb, it was in a good location, modern and our host had even left us a bottle of wine! Once we had settled we were starving, so headed into the centre and found a cute vegan burger restaurant (my best friend is vegan). We obviously then had to try out some of the local beer, I had an illegal and I would recommend.






The next day we went for vegan pancakes for breakfast, chocolate and coconut! Szechenyi Bath is the biggest and most popular thermal baths in Budapest, over 100 years old so it was the best way to spend the last year of the term. Before we managed to even get in the baths, I had a big blonde moment. We went into the changing cabin, one that we hired out so we could keep our stuff in there and linds locked the door, I, being stupid, went behind her and locked the other lock, the one that only unlocks from the outside, fuck. Why had I just done that? Linds was in hysterics, I stood on the seat shouting "excusie", thankfully a Hungarian man came along and helped us out, haha *phew*. Once we finally got out it was incredible, so warm and relaxing, we spent a good two hours chatting and obviously taking the typical tourist photo's. We then had a well needed nap, we had a big night ahead of us! We made pasta for dinner and drank the wine our host left us whilst getting ready! It was then time for bar crawl. We went to two ruin bars, where we had an open bar. In the second bar, we saw a couple get engaged, so wholesome! We then did the countdown to midnight in the final club,with a glass of champagne, with a group of new friends we had made from Brazil. We spent the rest of the night with them, they were alot of fun! And like gentlemen even got us back to our air bnb at the end of the night.

The way I feel this morning tells me that last night was a good night. We finally arose at lunchtime and headed out to find some kind of food! There was very limited places open, so McDonald's chips it was and they well and truly sorted us out. We then took a walk up to the Budapest castle and along the river. The hangover clearly didn't last too long as with our pasta we had a cider, before an early night!

Our last day was one of my favourites, we spent the morning in the Sweets and Selfie Museum, which if you ever visit Buda is a definite spot to put on your list. It was a whole lot of fun, banana swings, giant sweets pool, even a life size ceramic unicorn. We had a coffee at the most instagrammable place, Vintage Garden, I even had a pig cake pop, to fuel me whilst we wondered around Budapest. To finish our time we ate the best vegan pizza! I had the best time, there's nobody else I wanna travel the world with but my best friend. My hearts in Budapest x

Comments

Popular Posts