Oh New York

New York is a dreamy city, it makes me feel like I could rule the world. So deciding to celebrate turning the big two one there was a no brainer. Me and my parents arrived late afternoon on Friday, we wasted no time heading into Times Square to start exploring. All three of us have been to New York before, however my parents hadn’t been for 21 years and I only went for one night last year so it was great to see it properly. We explored Radio City and the Rockefeller centre, before heading to share a pizza and some fries and crashing out early as it was a long travel day. The next day we ate a delicious breakfast at ‘La Pain Quotidien’, before going up the empire state building. What a view and what an incredible building, it has 102 floors and was built in record time in 410 days. This trip was made so special by the visit of one of my favourite people at camp, Clew, she did everything she could to come and spend the day with me and I was ecstatic that she did. We walked around Soho and little Italy, chatting away, eating pasta and trying to tell my parents about our little world at Camp. Saying goodbye to her is never easy but I know I’ll be seeing her again real soon. There was no way I could come to New York for my 21st and not go to Broadway, we went and saw one of my favourite musicals, Wicked. And it was incredible, this is the place I hope to be on the stage and watching shows reminds me why I love acting.
The next day we went to 9/11 and I was overwhelmed, it really hit home how big the tragedy was and the amount that the community all pulled together to get New York City back to the city we know today. After we went and found the Friends apartment building, something I had to see and of course have a picture outside of. The cakes at magnolia’s bakery are a must try in New York, I had the best vanilla cake with chocolate frosting, it was completely worth the long line we waited in. We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the area we were in and Washington square park.

 I had the best day for my 21st, we started at a beautiful Australian café restaurant, it was definitely instagram worthy food. When I think of New York, I think of the statue of Liberty, it was insane to learn about how she was built, the fact that she was built in France and then transported to New York blows my mind. And the view was beautiful. We took a walk down Brooklyn bridge, Brooklyn Is definitely next on my list as to a place to visit when I’m in New York. For my main present for my 21st I decided I wanted a piece of jewellery from Tiffany and Co, so I went and picked some earrings and a bracelet, they found out it was my 21st and opened a bottle of champagne for me and my parents to enjoy. Not only that but they gave me and my mum two travel size perfumes, we were in the store for an hour and they really did make me feel special and put the cherry on top of the cake of an already perfect birthday. I wanted to take full advantage of the fact that I was 21 in New York, so for dinner we went for Mexican and I had a trio of margaritas, wow they were strong.


 On our final day, we started off at Ellen’s Stardust diner, it’s a diner where all of the waiters are aspiring actors and they sing live to you, it’s incredible, the experience is one I’m so glad I got to experience. We then biked round central park, an incredible area to see, it feels like you are transported out of New York and into a different world. This trip was amazing and the best way to start my 21st year. 




Comments

Popular Posts