Spending a summer at home

Summer 2019 was the first summer i've spent at home in three years. For the past two summers i've gone to Maryland to do Camp America, this year however my camp was no longer taking internationals, devastated wasn't the word, but I was determined to make this an incredible. I got a full time job at an Estate agents, something that gave me money to have the best summer, but I ended up loving it and made two friends for life! I spent alot of the summer with Linds my best friend, after work we would sit in her garden, go to kickboxing, go for long drives and of course we got drunk, ALOT. We both decided we wanted to date and for the most part succeeded, although I went on two dates with the same person but still. I spent alot of time with my family, playing board games and going for coffee, we also went to a birthday day party for family friends, that was so fun!! I moved into my third year house in Sheffield and had house party, the theme being festival/summer. It was alot of fun and so good to see all of my friends at uni. Me, Linds and Rachel also went to Brighton for the Prosecco festival. We arrived at the prosecco festival and it was so much fun, drinking Prosecco, dancing to the old bangers they were playing and laughing with my friends. We then went to Jamie's for dinner, I had half pepperoni pizza, half salad. We of course had to take our opportunity and enjoy a night out in a local Brighton pub. The next morning we found a cute cafe for breakfast, then walked along the pier before getting the train home.I also met up with my best friend from camp, Curly, we spent the day in Bristol, catching up and I didn't realise how much i'd missed her until I was with her.  The final part of my summer was going to Lanzarote with my housemate Em, we went all inclusive and it was the relaxing week in the sun we needed, mixed with a water park, drinking, karaoke, nights and a holiday rep.

I cant wait to get back to camp next summer, but Im so glad I made the use of a summer at home.








Comments

Popular Posts